Initiation of the Collaboration between NCBS (India) and KAVI-ICR (University Of Nairobi, Kenya) while training University of Nairobi staff on flow cytometry 19th to 23rd March 2018.
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS)-India and KAVI-Institute of Clinical Research (KAVI-ICR)
NCBS (India) and KAVI-ICR (University of Nairobi, Kenya) have established and initiated a collaboration to spearhead the following;
- Expand metagenomics sequencing from selected target groups in India and Africa and inform the newly emerging pathogens (Chikungunya, Dengue & others) in their virology, pathology, a point of care diagnostics and vaccine designs
- Facilitate vaccine manufacture of existing vaccines in Africa
- Facilitate the Dengue programs using some of the existing facilities such as the animal house, screening program, imaging, flow units, and genomics.
- Enabling the NCBS and KAVI-ICR off campus and hospital/community engagements with an evolving data science perspective
- Exploring the additional use of novel cutting-edge technologies that NCBS is currently using such as next-generation sequencing technologies to evolve therapeutic vaccines
- Joint development of infrastructure and research
- Joint teaching arrangements for postgraduate programmes
- Joint supervision of Postgraduate projects
- Student and faculty, exchange
- Joint application for funding including donor funds, research grants, contributions subscriptions
- Participation in joint academic seminars, training, meetings including participation with other collaborators
- Any other collaborative efforts as may be determined from time to time.
- Operational guidelines both academic and budgetary for each activity under the MOU shall be set down in a specific letter of agreement.