LONDON SCHOOL OF HYGIENE & TROPICAL MEDICINE
- MSc- Epidemiology by Distance Learning- Scholarship
All applicants are required to have:
A first or second class honours degree or equivalent, from a university or other institution acceptable to the University of London, in health-related disciplines or in statistics or another appropriate subject. Work experience in a health sciences or health care setting is desirable but not essential.
Applicants with an appropriate professional or technical qualification in a health-related field, which satisfies the University as a qualification equivalent to a second class honours degree, together with at least three years’ relevant experience, may also be considered on an individual basis.
Qualifications from around the world are accepted; for further guidance please see the School's qualifications for entrance. Students who do not satisfy the entrance requirements may still be admitted at the discretion of the School on the basis of their academic qualifications, work experience and references
English Language Requirements
It is essential that you have an adequate command of the English Language to carry out your studies.
You must have regular access to a computer (or mobile device*) with an internet connection to access the University of London website, and the Student Portal.
For more info visit: https://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/courses/masters-degrees/epidemiology-online
- PhD- Epidemiology by Distance Learning- Scholarship
PhD research degrees involve the presentation of a thesis on a research topic in a field appropriate to the student's or sponsor's needs and the School's research expertise.
A student must normally satisfy the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine general entrance requirements as follows:
The normal minimum entrance qualification for registration at the School on a PhD programme is at least one of the following:
- a master’s degree in a subject appropriate to the course of study to be followed (recommended)
- a qualification appropriate to the course of study to be followed, in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies
- An upper second-class honours degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard, in a relevant subject.
- evidence of an aptitude for research
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you will need to meet t requirements on the link provided below;
- The scholarship will be provided by the University of Nairobi- KAVI-ICR.
- Tuition fees and Travel charges will be catered for by the scholarship.
- The scholar should be a resident/citizen of Kenya
- The student will be based at KAVI-ICR as a research assistant
- The scholar will be admitted at LSHTM with co-supervision from UoN
- Applications to be sent to the following address or email; latest 29th January 2021.